The University computer network extends over the entire University Campus (wired network) and in the areas adjacent to the Student Housing Complex (wireless network).
- The network includes approximately 2,000 computers.
- The University network is managed by IT Department and by a local Administrator.
- The University network is connected to the system of municipal computer network via The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Cracow University of Technology.
- The costs related to the construction of the network and to the purchase of the equipment were co-financed by the Committee for Scientific Research and from Cracow University of Technology’s own resources.
- The construction of the fibre-optic infrastructure of the University network is based on the structure built in the Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet technologies, as very modern and prospective.
- In 2011, as part of the renovation works performed in the Student Residence Hall No. 1, the modernization of the main equipment of the University network structure was carried out. Access devices in the University buildings were replaced, new devices were purchased, which increased the safety of data transferred through the network, and a server for new services for the users was purchased as well.
Good to know:
- Internet speed: 1Gb.
- To use the Internet you will need the Patch Cable (Patchcord), minimum 2 metres long.
- After plugging in the computer to the power socket, the network configuration instruction will be displayed on the screen.
- During the academic year it is possible to use a router, however, for its connection and configuration, please contact the Administrator.
- It is possible to use the eduroam network in green areas; more information is available at: http://eduroam.pk.edu.pl/